Links of interest
- National Academy of Education
- The Academy undertakes research studies addressing pressing issues in education, which are typically conducted by members and other scholars with relevant expertise. In addition, the Academy sponsors professional development programs to enhance the prepar
- Mosaic Theater of Detroit
- Empowering young people to maximize their potential through professional performing arts training and the creation of theatrical and musical art that engages, transforms and inspires.
- Public Works at the Public Theater (NYC)
- A major initiative of The Public Theater that seeks to engage the people of New York by making them creators and not just spectators. Working deeply with partner organizations in all five boroughs, Public Works invites members of diverse communities to participate in workshops, take classes, attend performances at The Public, and, most importantly, to join in the creation of ambitious works of participatory theater. SBH has worked with Public Works on a few projects, including their recent production of Twelfth Night
- Public Works at Dallas Theater Center
Dallas Theater Center (DTC), in collaboration with Southern Methodist University’s Meadows School of the Arts and Ignite/Arts Dallas, and in affiliation with New York City-based The Public Theater’s Public Works and AT&T Performing Arts Center, has announced details for Public Works Dallas, a groundbreaking community engagement and participatory theater project designed to deliberately blur the line between professional artists and Dallas community members.
- Public Works at Seattle Repertory Theater
- Inspired by the astonishing impact of this work at The Public Theater in NY, Public Works Seattle engages people from every walk of life in our beloved city, to learn from each other, and to create a theatre event unlike anything ever seen before on our stage.
- National Theater
- On the South Bank of the Thames, in London, the National Theatre presents up to 25 new shows a year on its stages. There are three theatres, a learning centre, and more.
- Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Denmark
- A leading international museum of modern art. Located on the coast it strikes that rarest of balances between landscape, architecture, and art in a unique interaction that attracts visitors from around the world and makes a visit to Louisiana something special to visit.
- LIFE Center (Learning in Informal and Formal Education) University of Washington
- LIFE is a multi-institution NSF Science of Learning Center hosted at the University of Washington in partnership with Stanford University and SRI International. The LIFE Center seeks to develop and test principles about the social foundations of human learning in informal and formal environments with the goal of enhancing human learning from infancy to adulthood.
- Learning Centers of Tate Museums, England
- Tate’s learning programmes, both in the galleries and online, take the collection and exhibitions as their point of inspiration. They offer a range of ways for newcomers, regular visitors and seasoned experts alike to deepen their knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of art.
- National Center for Music Education, New England Conservatory of Music
- New England Conservatory’s College Music-in-Education Program joins the School of Continuing Education (CE) to bring exciting and innovative courses in classroom music pedagogy, educational philosophy, and learning technology to its students.
Other interesting sites
- University Press Audiobooks
- Audiobook editions of important works from academic presses all over the USA.
- Listen to Genius!
- Free audio recordings of majors works from the public domain
- Bored Feet Press
- Small press hiking guides, nature books, maps, and more.
- Digging Dog Nursery
- An amazing variety of hard-to-find perennials, shrubs, grasses, trees, and vines for your garden
- Websites by Garth Hagerman
- This site was designed and built by Garth Hagerman using his Redpark Framework.